NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a difference a day makes.

Fished Tillery both Sunday and Monday afternoon. We picked up 22 keepers on Sunday with jigs in 12/15 feet of water. Just off the creek channels.
Monday was a totally different thing. The water temp dropped to 55 degrees. Only three keepers fishing deeper channels, the wind was pretty tough at times.

I think we are going to head up to Badin later today. I know some better deep water drops with trees on them.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Wow - that is a huge difference from one day to the next. Thanks for the report!

Sounds like the cooler water killed the bite. I also noted the solunar tables predicted Sunday would be a much better bite day (3 star on a 0-5 scale) where as Monday was only 1 star day.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 and good deal on the crappie

yep the winds shifted and the barometer shifted gears on Sunday late, that made for some cooler temperatures and windy conditions for fishing and the fish didn't want to play.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
fish fry at Smallies!!!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We fished hard most of the week, we had to pass on Friday which was the warmest day of all.

On Thursday we fished Badin, we found some fish around the timber across from Badin Shores. Picked up several White Crappie, lost one at the boat which may have been a 2 lb plus fish. What a heart breaker.

By the end of the day the water temperture stated pushing 57 degrees, we picked up a few females loaded with eggs.

We fished Tillery hard on Saturday, the water temp was dropping again. We ended up in some of the pockets off Richmond Creek. We had 23 keepers for the day. Most were 12/14" while two or three were pushing the 2 lb. mark. Most fish were males with only two or three females. Mostly jigs but did pick up several on minnows.

We tried fishing a little on Sunday but had some boat issues. I kept blowing a fuse in the motor, we could only idle so the trip down lake on Tillery was out of the question. Only one keeper, the water temp. was down to 52 degrees.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.