NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Between Burlington and Liberty....I don't know if it is still a club but in the 80's there were some monster bass in there....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I keep a boat there but I rarely bass fish. I mostly longline troll for crappie. I catch a lot of crappie there but few keepers. One thing Timber Ridge was noted for was big bluegill. When I was a member back in the late 80's, I was told that half of the members were older guys that fished for bluegill. I have paid for a dock spot at Lucas this year so I will probably stick with it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When I last fished it, someone had released some crappie in it without the permission of the owners( The Charles Family). Occasionally, someone would catch a big crappie there. I once caught 20 or so crappie in a short time there on a rooster tail, all about 4 or 5 inches long. I remember there being schools of shiners in there. That's probably why the bass grow big.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.