NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
The best time to fish is when you can. I could see this as a confidence booster or buster. If you live and die by what your phone tells you, you will begin to doubt your abilities if you always fish at the "best times" and dont catch fish and it might cause you to not go at the less than ideal times (according to the app) when the bite might actually be the best in the places you fish. The app in my head tells me every day is the best to fish and my confidence level is always high when I am on the water regardless of what some chart or computer tells me. Regardless of what the chart says the game is still the same... find fish and make them bite.

·
Red X Angler
7,806 Posts
The best time to fish is when you can. I could see this as a confidence booster or buster. If you live and die by what your phone tells you, you will begin to doubt your abilities if you always fish at the "best times" and dont catch fish and it might cause you to not go at the less than ideal times (according to the app) when the bite might actually be the best in the places you fish. The app in my head tells me every day is the best to fish and my confidence level is always high when I am on the water regardless of what some chart or computer tells me. Regardless of what the chart says the game is still the same... find fish and make them bite.
I second this.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I third this the best time to fish is always except if your golfing lol

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Moon phase has some effect on feeding depending on the species. I have the app but see it more as a tool for keeping up with moon phase. Too many other factors go into fishing and finding the fish such as, wind, weather, barometric pressure, time of year, migration, spawning, what the bait/main food of the time is, etc. Rather than rely on solunar tables learn to adapt strategies and find the fish, figure out what they will eat and how to present it in all conditions. Biggest trick is to accept that sometimes they just arent feeding, or just arent where you are looking for them. I call those days.. "a nice day on the water" or "exploratory fishing" :)
I do believe though, that some species act/feed differently during and around the full moon. But even that can vary greatly by habitat, water depth, currents and species. I know plenty of Blue catters that love a full moon and others who chase Flatheads swear if the moon hits the water you are done. Best time to fish is when you can, and make the best of it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I use scout look weather. Gives me pressure, wind, temp, solunar activity times, moon phase all that good stuff. It's helped me pattern my fishing. I still go out whenever I can but I switch up species, techniques, or even ponds to improve my chances if catching based on conditions.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Is this technique good for bass?

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro
Yes it is!!! But I will not divulge my secrets for golf golfing helps catching big bass

1 - 9 of 9 Posts