NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Just a suggestion, but more specific questions may net you a few more answers... what type of fish / species are you after? Are you looking for boat or bank fishing?

Good luck with your search, and welcome to NCAngler!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do have a pontoon boat. Not having done that much inshore fishing I really can't "specie" fish. I don't know what's running when, what the best bait/lure is, etc. I have a lot of "friends" that fish but since I wasn't born here (I've lived here 26 yrs.), I'm not "in the loop", as they say.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Check out the tacked thread at the top by speckhunter. Excellent advice in there.

Get some jig heads, some gulp and saltwater assassin bodies, some top water baits, a few mirrolures and fish most all of the banks up and down the river. Hit up some of the local tackle shops and they can point you in the right direction for specific lures.

Look for points with moving water, drop offs, and preferably bait fish. Mix them all and you will usually find a fish or two.

Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.