NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going on Saturday with my uncle and cousin to some of my favorite places. They know about my sucess this winter with two 7#, a 9.5# a 4#, and a 3.5# bass. I think I have just been lucky. I know with all the recent rain the water is going to be very muddy and they are usually not at the lakes that I have been fishing. I just would like to know if there is a color or presentation that I should try. Is there anything I should stay away from?

·
Premium Member
6,642 Posts
Conventional widsom is LOUD as the fish will rely more on vibration & disturbance than sight.
  • colors - chartreuse, firetiger, or black for best silhouette
  • vibration - wide wobbling crankbaits, colorado blades on spinnerbaits
  • rattles - self explanatory
  • size - bigger baits - senkos, upsized crankbaits
  • tactics - banging off cover, banging off the bottom
I'm trying to think of good days I've had in really muddy water - not many come to mind. The best couple I recall are when I got right up into the flooded cover, otherwise I usually look for the cleanest water I can find and fish what's available.

Good luck out there today! I was thinking about a trip down to the Falls dam tailrace and fishing some skinny water. They reduced the flow again so that first couple hundred yards ought to stay pretty clean, and there's never been such a crop of hoppable rocks down there before. Not sure there's enough water for fish, but ought to be able to find something in the pools.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.