1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice deal! I'm going to give these a try. It looks like the hook is pretty thin which I can appreciate in certain situations like pond fishing. It's easier to get a hook set with a light wire hook. Also nice when you hang up on a tree..... to actually be able to bend the hook to get it out, then bend it back with pliers. (not advised for the tournament guys, lol)

Thanks for the heads up. -

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I want jigs for the smart bass, not just the stupid ones. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Spider Crack

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Jig question. I have a few haven't tried them yet what is best way to rig and fish them from banks and bridges.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Jig question. I have a few haven't tried them yet what is best way to rig and fish them from banks and bridges.
There is no wrong way to fish a jig. They are probably the most versatile lure ever made. That said, most are fished similar to a t-rig. Drag or hop across the bottom trying to imitate a crayfish. Most always used with some kind of plastic trailer. You can also put a curl tail, paddle tail, or similar type trailer and use it as a swimming jig. These fish much like a spinnerbait just a more subtle presentation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts