NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TKAA (Tidewater VA Kayak Anglers Association) has announced their 2008 tournament to take place September 27. It's not in NC, but it's not far.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm gonna have to work on the logistics a bit...
$50 to enter...
out-of-state fishing license, I think that's another $10...
one tank of gas oughtta be enough... $35 in my Saturn (at the moment)
can probably camp cheap enough...

<sigh> I can see why folks go after sponsors...

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
So u know were the tourny is going to take place. there is a nice camp site down towards the dam neck navy base. stayed there once with my father. it was a pretty good place to stay.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
  • The Captain's Meeting is at Lakewright Convention Center.
  • You can fish any public waters within 50 miles of Norfolk.
  • One of the guys on ECKF suggested camping at Seashore St. Park, because it was centrally located to the good fishing spots.
I don't know much about the area... I've visited a few weekends, that's about it...

Reactions: puppydrum48

·
Registered
9 Posts
my name is Ray Montes and Im the programs director for TKAA, The lake wright convention center is also a hotel and it is right off the interstate you'll be mins from any fishing spot there is in the southside of tidewater area, I think we are trying to or did get better rates if youre fishing the tournament. if you do stay there you'll be 10 mins from oceanview/hampton roads bridge area, 15 mins. from lynnhaven inlet, 20 mins from rudde inlet, and about 10 mins from little creek jetties. if youre in the area sometime to go fishing just drop us a line in the tkaa website and Im pretty sure most of us will be able to take you all around the area to do some fishing!
Ray

·
Registered
608 Posts
I havent fished that particular event but I do know several of the guys up there that I have met over the years from kayak fishing. Hope to see a couple of them down at the Jacksonville event next month.

If others are going from here, then I will get it on the calendar as well. My idea of camping is staying in a La Quinta behind a Denny's....so for others who might want to go, dont like sleeping in a tent but want to stay somewhere "cheap".....I am up for that as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.