Bomber Speed Shad Clear with red gill markings (not sure what bomber called it

Bomber 3/8 oz Baby Bass

Rapala J5 Black with gold belly

Rebel WeeR Crappie Color

Darrell

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Just give me a Luck E strike Rick Clunn in a Tasty or Blueback Shad pattern squarebill or a chartreuse Sexy Redeye shad..

Reactions: dbeam and RouseD

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I sure do find alot of the Strike King crankbaits floating, followed by the fat free shad, shad rap, DD22 and Rapala DT... that must be what everyone is throwing if that is what they are losing.
Knot tying problems equates with lure selection. 2 plus 2 equals ?

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Your room is waiting at Twin Lakes. However, you will be regulated to driving a golf cart from now on old man.

Big O Laffin...........even Cotton is laughing at that one. :confused: Check out this new thing on TV called MTV :D
I will put my favorite Big O up against any crank you got(assuming you can get them untangled off the garage floor) on our local flow. 100 bucks to who catches the most.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
The Return of the Eternal Return:
"top 5 crankbaits" (2013)
http://www.ncangler.com/forums/threads/46823-top-5-crankbaits

I'd revisit my list from 2013 -- I've put more fish in the boat with a Bomber “Fat A” crank (Baby Bass Orange Belly, #B04FBBO) or a Strike King 1.0 squarebill (Black Back Chartreuse) than just about anything else -- typically used on an ultralight rig with light line. So if "harvest meat" or "catch a lot of fish" (with no regard for size) are objectives, I'd gear down with these choices.

If using my typical bass gear, I really like a DT6 as a search bait that catches a lot of fish, including suspended fish in open water. If need to fish deeper, I'll substitute a DT10. Pattern depends on water clarity and forage base (more natural colors for clear water).

But I've caught most of my huge bass (i.e., over 8lbs) on the DT20 and DT16 -- fewer fish, but much higher ratio of big fish.

More recently, a Strike King Red Eye Shad has produced well for me -- big fish on the 3/4 size, more fish and typically smaller fish on the smaller sizes (1/4, 1/2oz).

Old List (2013):

1. rapala DT16 (really like chartreuse purple shiner)
2. rapala DT Metal 20 -- when you really need to get your crank down in the water column.
3. rapala DT FAT3 -- like the square bill, esp when working heavy cover.
4. rapala DT 6
5. Bomber “Fat A” crank (Baby Bass Orange Belly, #B04FBBO) -- killer lure on an ultralight.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.