NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
back lash
if you go for them on top do your self a favor #1 use a big enough stick to get it done. #2 a bait called the x-walk- think jumbo spook- i have caught several on it..

zooker

·
Registered
353 Posts
Backlash,
I have been in Kerr Lake in the early am and late pm and watch and listen to the rock hit the top. You can also use, and successfully, a red fin. Cast, let it settle before you move it. Twitch it, stop, twitch it, stop, then pull up on it and reel. If they are there, they will hit it the first or second stop. The bait has a rattle in it to make more noise and it is about 5 in. long. My two and 1/2 cents.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
i have heard of people catching fish on the redfins too but instead of fishing during the day they fish at night and just do a slow retrieve and fish like they were going after bass.on the points and down the shallow banks. at kerr you can also fish at night like you would for crappie w/lights and have good success.but you need live bait to fish at night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.