NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went speck fishing Friday and Saturday. The water temps have really cooled down with all that rain and cold nights, was 56 on the surface in the sound. The water had started to clear up on Friday and Saturday was even a little better but still stained. I could see bottom in 2 1/2 feet of water.

I couldn't find any fish in the places we had been catching them before the rain/cold - which was up on the marsh banks, flats and feeder creeks. So I went deep and found them hiding on the bootom in 10-12 feet of water.

Only caught two specks on Friday (both were spikes) and about 15 on Saturday but most of those were small too. I did manage a pair of 14 inchers but I had vowed not to keep any under 15" the rest of the year. So all went back to be caught another day. Sorry I forgot my camera but who wants to see a picture of a spike speck anyway. :p

Oh yeah, caught one 15 inch flounder, he came home for dinner. :D

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Supposed to be gettin colder this weekend coming up... Hmmm,, might have to do the Fla trip during Nov/Dec!!! :)

thanx for the report and Mike, trying to work the offshore run right now, will let you know when we get it hacked out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.