NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I took the boat out from Wrightsville this past Friday and headed north up near several places around Topsail. We caught plenty of bait but otherwise, nothing... and I mean NOTHING. While usually live bait will produce for us, we didn't get as much as a lizard fish the entire day. I don't know if it was the storm the day before or what, but the whole area seemed to be barren. If anyone has thoughts on this, I'm listening.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I've been told and it seems to hold true in my limited experience, that the 3 days after a storm front moves through, the fishing will be tough.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
I've been told and it seems to hold true in my limited experience, that the 3 days after a storm front moves through, the fishing will be tough.
I don't know the answer to this but with the nearly daily storms we get??
Although I guess these are not actual fronts in the same context as the meteorologist use.
Then again they are correct only 20%of the time AND this correctness is about 20% correct.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I don't know the answer to this but with the nearly daily storms we get??
Although I guess these are not actual fronts in the same context as the meteorologist use.
Then again they are correct only 20%of the time AND this correctness is about 20% correct.

Yeah I think the intent of that is actual front with significant changes in barometric pressure and temps. But I only catch fish about 20% of the time so maybe this information is only 20% correct.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Ha! Even fishermen play the percentages?
Or maybe consider them before disregarding them.
"Fish don't bite if the barometer is in the dumper". Oh well, I'll still be fishing when the barometer is in the dumper.
The barometer never had an effect on my complaining.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Ha! Even fishermen play the percentages?
Or maybe consider them before disregarding them.
"Fish don't bite if the barometer is in the dumper". Oh well, I'll still be fishing when the barometer is in the dumper.
The barometer never had an effect on my complaining.

I agree. I'll maybe consider the barometer, moon phase, etc., but a day on the water fishin, is a day on the water fishin.

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
So, I took the boat out from Wrightsville this past Friday and headed north up near several places around Topsail. We caught plenty of bait but otherwise, nothing... and I mean NOTHING. While usually live bait will produce for us, we didn't get as much as a lizard fish the entire day. I don't know if it was the storm the day before or what, but the whole area seemed to be barren. If anyone has thoughts on this, I'm listening.
Join the Club! Past couple of times, I could only manage a Rat Red, Small Flounder and a couple of Blues. This summer heat and all the bait has made fishing very tough. COME ON FALL!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.