NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Jon1234 - welcome to NC Angler!

I grew up fishing Topsail and still do! It is a great place for saltwater fishing, I'm sure you will have a good time here. There are three piers on Topsail Island, one in each of the three towns that stretch along its 21 miles of coast. Sea View in North Topsail township, Surf City Ocean Pier in Surf City (middle of the island) and Jolly Roger Pier in Topsail Beach township (south end of the island).

I'm not sure when you planning to come down but the fall is the best months to fish from the surf or pier. Spring is decent too. July & August can be fairly slow but you will catch fish if you are patient.

In addition to the ocean piers and surf fishing, there are several nice spots on the sound side that you can reach from shore. Also if you are up for some paddling, you can rent a kayak in Surf City and paddle the sound between the island and the mainland. There are a lot of little islands and marsh creeks in there that hold some very nice fish - drum, flounder trout, croaker, mullet, etc.

Let me know if you have any particular questions, I'll be happy to answer best I can. Of course there are plenty of others on this forum that can help as well.

Tight Lines!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.