NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a beautiful day today! It was a bit breezy but otherwise picture perfect. My best fishing buddy (my dog, Lucy) and I headed out at noon to putter around some of my favorite fishing holes looking for trout, drum or a flat fish or two. All we could manage was a couple of small Drum. No pictures, my camera has a "too small, save the battery mode"...LOL.

Water temps was 58 when we started and warmed up to 61 by the time we headed in at 3:30. I did try out a new piece of tackle, a small chatter bait for trout - Chris Medlin at ECS said it is the "BOMB". Well it was a DUD today but I'll try it again another time.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
If anyone wants to see Mike pose with a small fish, I have that pic:eek:. At least it was a pretty day for ya. You should have hit Maine creek Or toilet paper point.(you know where I am talking about) Some six pounders come from there this week.17 MR Mirrolure was the assassin. Did you see any bait down there?

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
What color in the chatterbait was recommended, I looked at them in Wallworld but didn't commit to buying.

You have sparked an reinterest in them, so color will count.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What color in the chatterbait was recommended, I looked at them in Wallworld but didn't commit to buying.

You have sparked an reinterest in them, so color will count.

tight lines <*)))))>{
This one was bluish with a bit of green/pearl but mostly blue. Came with two bodies (same color scheme) curly tail and paddle tail. I stuck with the curly tail.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If anyone wants to see Mike pose with a small fish, I have that pic:eek:. At least it was a pretty day for ya. You should have hit Maine creek Or toilet paper point.(you know where I am talking about) Some six pounders come from there this week.17 MR Mirrolure was the assassin. Did you see any bait down there?
Yeah - your camera don't have a "too small filter" ... LOL. That was insurance to prove we didn't get shut out but came before all them flounder we caught that day. Thought about hitting those spots but didn't wanna fight the crowds on a holiday week-end. Maybe we can go on Wed.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
10-4 TA thanks I always liked the vibration action of the paddle tail. Seems like it should make more of a come and get me noise under water when that tail gets to pulsing.

tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scott - I agree about the paddle tail when fished on a jig head or Carolina rigged but on a chatter bait I'm not sure the extra vibration matters. That thing wobbles and chatters so loud I started "talking" back to it....LOL.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.