NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed to Topsail for the weekend, will be in the area of Jolly Roger pier, going to try Serenity point, the surf around Sea Vista motel. :)

I'll be on a red, X-tended cab, Z-71 Chevy truck.

Anything happening or any suggestions, bringing some frozen finger mullet to maybe soak in the surf and ICW.

Attachments

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought maybe I could get a quick lead from this post on what might be going on, if anything.

Will take some frozen finger mullet with me and some artificials, with this warm trend no telling what might happen in the mix. Will check on fresh bait when I arrive at a few spots that I normally get it from.

Will soak some of the finger mullet in the surf, might be a drum or two wanting to play.

Tight lines <*)))))>{

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Shortly after this posting my wife woke up and she was sick as a dog, hack and cack, throwing up the whole shooting match, fever she had it all. :eek:

Well to make a long story short TI will have to be postponed until a later date, will have to see whats up in the coming weekends. :cool:

Did make it to the river, not even a bump, went to the sandhole and had a few good hits but not a scale on the bank. They what ever it was, was knocking the crap out of a texas red Cotton Cordell Super spot 1/4 oz. I made a pass with a rogue and no takers, went back to the truck took some pictures and went back around with the super spot, had 3 that knocked the crap out of it, stopped it cold, just couldn't get a hook to stay in em.:D Not positive but I think they were bowfin (blackfish).

Going to try them again tomorrow. Stay home most of the day and watch out and console the wife and then maybe get out for a few hours.:rolleyes:

Sandholes = shallow water+ warm water+active fish=fish in the livewell

Tight lines <*)))))>{

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Hope she mends quickly! Good weather this coming week I think so maybe you'll get a shot!

Reactions: Scott Hobbs
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.