NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fall might be my favorite time to fish, especially for the inshore edibles. I haven't gotten to fish much lately due to the rains and work, but I couldn't wait any longer and decided to put the yak in after work today. Was nice to move much more easily through flooded creek systems, cut down on the paddle time to spots.

Only had about an hour and a half of sunlight so I headed to one of my fall flounder holes to see if they've moved in yet. I fished the incoming tide, and looked for baitfish around a point I like to work. I saw a decent amount coming through, and within a few casts hooked a trout that I lost at the boat. Caught 2 flounder that were just legal, but threw them back.

Finally I caught an 18-inch fish that I kept because I thought the size was improving. That one turned out to be the last one of the day for me, but the fall action is picking up. Fish were caught on a white/pink paddle tail jig. This was my first time using the KVD clip, I'd always been wary of using them but it didn't seem to make a difference. Definitely handy for a quick bait change if you don't have 4-5 rods with you.

Attachments

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the creeks and bays off the water way it wasn't muddy but it has a dark tint to it, similar to the Cape Fear. A lot of fresh water still draining. Hi vis lures for now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.