NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Hey Flounder Girl. I put your post into its own thread.

I've launched kayaks from two spots in the Topsail area.

Scotts Hill Marina on Scotts Hill Loop rd (mainland, south). Great access there from 17. Good deeper water cut a short paddle south of the launch and across the ICW, with lots of shallow creeky areas coming off. Haven't done great there, but have caught some fish. Private marina - they charge you to park & launch ($12 a car, I think).

Sound Side Park in Surf City. On your way crossing over to the Island, the park is on the right. Topsail Angler suggests going north and then east into the canals on the island, or heading south and west into the bigger creek down there (can't recall its name). I've only gone once, in the dead of winter, and went in both of the opposite directions! Skunked on that trip.

Should be some more answers from searches and others will post.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Sound Side Park in Surf City. On your way crossing over to the Island, the park is on the right. Topsail Angler suggests going north and then east into the canals on the island, or heading south and west into the bigger creek down there (can't recall its name). I've only gone once, in the dead of winter, and went in both of the opposite directions! Skunked on that trip.
Yeah, but there wasn't hardly any water to be found that day either!

·
Registered
24 Posts
The south end of the island is a good spot also the parking is free and you can paddle past the inlet and get in behind the North end of Lee Island. I have some luck in there. I Have also had some luck putting in at Scott's Hill Marina and I think it is 15$ to launch. I have caught Flounder, Trout some Blues and Spanish in Riches Inlet. All the other post pretty much hit all the other area's I know to put in. Find the Shallows with dark bottom and hold on for the Drum I have had a few good sleigh rides back in there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.