NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody fishing in the KMT tomorrow? I have two buddies in in it, but I'm sitting out till next year. They say the water is going to be nice tomorrow, but who knows about the fishing.

Was suppose to go out with my son but he called this afternoon and said the Army had changed his plans. :( In other words, he gets to spend the week-end in the field where he has been all week. Looking for a fishing buddy for tommorrow now.....I'll give ya a report if I get out.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Nope, matter of fact, think my fishin is done for the season :(

Got a little one due any day.... and will be in Winston-Salem in the mornin to prep my deer huntin areas with my boy :)

Dusted off the bow tonight matter of fact.... time to start practicin on my end..

I have a bud headin down to OI tommorrow to try for kings and in-close mahi

Weather is lookin good... if ya go, give a holler back on how ya did... GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fishing was great today! Well any day spent fishing is good. Caught a few nice kings, no mahi but stayed fairly close in. Water was nice, 1-2 foot swells with little wind so there was no chop.

There were a TON of boats out, I thought I was on the I-95/I-40 exchange coming out of the Topsail inlet at 6:30 this morning. :p

Even came back in early (bite was over by 10 or so) and took the wife back out flounder fishing and to Lea Island for some R&R. Great way to beat the 105 degree heat index we had today.

42 pounder won the Topsail KMT today - next biggest was a full 10 pounds lighter. So Sinker, your 72#'er is still lurking out there waiting for ya.

Dave - don't know nothing about deer hunting, we fish year round down here. Good luck with it though.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Man, happy for y'all... sounds like a great day on the water and caught fish to boot!! I'm jealous!! I dug deer blinds in a hill today.... not as much fun.

Ohhh... blue fin... hurts just thinkin 'bout it!! :eek: funny you mentioned that though... we "talk'd" about it this afternoon matter of fact.... Would be nice to bag a couple does for meat then head out for some "football", if they let us keep just one tuna to take home in the rule book, we'll probably be out there... if not, we'll hunt all the way thru December then into turkey season,, pack the gear away and fire up the fishin in the spring.

Man if you've ever had my jerky or venision steaks,, you'd know why we shut down the fishin! ;) But it's just family tradition every year... Just in my hunts alone, I donate enough venison to feed 6-8 families dependin on how well of a season it is and still have plenty for folks at work (i.e. summer sausage, jerky, breakfast sausage) and my family (wife uses the ground meat for spegett's and taco's, me and the boy like the roasts and steaks).

Personnally aint nothin better in December than to kick back to a dinner of Venison and Group-ah! That's a surf N turf like no other! :)

Man, Glad y'all had a great day

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Venison jerky, steaks and sausages sound good. Maybe we can work out a trade. :)

I sometimes go to Florida in Jan/Feb and scuba for "bugs". Maybe you'd like to add a few lobsters to your surf and turf menu. :D

Good luck with the deer season!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.