NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spirit Bay invited me out at lunch Saturday to fish the falling tide. The water was super dirty with very little clarity and it was hard to get a red to bite. Top water wouldn't make one mad enough to strike and the smell of gulp wouldn't bring'em in either. Pulled out the old faithful gold spoon and put 2 in the boat. We didn't get skunked but we had to work for those 2.

Water Sky Vertebrate Boat Shorts

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
Man that's a pretty fish. Was the bottom dark? I've read the color sometimes is darker on fish that are on dark bottom?
I've been throwing topwater for about eight trips totalling almost 40 hours and have had one fish to show for it. Standing in my kayak this pm on a real high tide a has a large drum swim right past me. Didn't get a sniff in 5 hours. Frustrating but it was a beautiful afternoon/evening.
Nice job getting those two fish.

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man that's a pretty fish. Was the bottom dark? I've read the color sometimes is darker on fish that are on dark bottom?
I've been throwing topwater for about eight trips totalling almost 40 hours and have had one fish to show for it. Standing in my kayak this pm on a real high tide a has a large drum swim right past me. Didn't get a sniff in 5 hours. Frustrating but it was a beautiful afternoon/evening.
Nice job getting those two fish.

Galaxy S4, Slimkat
We had several come right by the boat. Had some chasing bait out in front of the boat but wouldn't touch top water or paddle tail. Some would follow the lure then peel off about 20' from the boat. Gold spoon finally got'um to bite. Just one of those days and it's kinda been that way for a while.

·
Banned
2,062 Posts
I've been trying gold spoons. I'm not having any luck yet. I use a size that will bump the bottom a little and I retrieve it slow enough so it doesn't spin-just wobbles back/forth. Is this the right way. Does a tiny twitch help or hurt?
Thanks

Galaxy S4, Slimkat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.