NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been out a number of times this past week with a mixed bag of results. Last Friday I picked up 2 keeper flounder, only one on Saturday. Tuesday Bread Man and I landed 7 keeper flounder :D. We went Striper fishing on the Cape Fear Wed and got shut out :( I'm headed out for grouper tomorrow and Blue Fin Tuna on Monday :cool:

Here's my report from my newspaper column this week:

The fishing has been decent in spite of the wacky weather. From what I’m hearing and seeing we aren’t having a spectacular speck season this year in this area. Some are being caught but not as consistently or in the huge numbers we have seen the past two years. But that could still change as the water temperatures are still above average for this time of year.

The flounder bite has been hot at times. A lot of little fish are being caught with some nice keepers mixed in. One just has to be patient and persistent. Natural bait, Gulp! shrimp, mirro-lures, X-Raps and Billy Bay shrimp are all working well for the trout and an occasional drum. Finger mullet (yes, there are still some here) and Gulp! are working well for the flatfish.

In the surf some very nice speckled trout are being caught. The north end of the island has seen the best action. The schools of drum are still making occasional visits to the inlets along the shoals. Plenty of Grey trout are being caught on the ledges and rocky bottom areas in the 1-3 mile range.

Further out the black sea bass bite is going strong with some decent size fish being picked out of a ton of smaller ones. The grouper are still fairly close. Several of the big charter boats out of Morehead have been catching blue fin tuna if you want to give that a shot.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.