NC Angler Forums banner

Topsail report -3/19/2007

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  backlash 
#1 ·
Weather man hit it on the head today! I left the dock before sun rise reaching the inlet just as the sun was peeking over the horizon. The ocean was like a lake - flat with maybe a 6 inch ground swell, very little wind but what wind there was came from the SE, it shifted to the south and picked up some in the afternoon.

Headed out to a set of ledges/reefs in the 15 mile range cruising at 26 knots all the way out, made great time (esp. for my little ole boat). Anchored up over one of my favorite spots and caught my limit of Gag groupers (2) and Black Sea Bass (15). Caught a few other gags but had to put them back (you should have been there to increase our limit.....lol). The grouper and most of the BSB were caught on chunks of Northern mackerel. The rest of the bass came on stingsilvers.

Stopped at the box cars on the way back to see if the flounder are still there - pulled up two undersize ones but by then I was tired and ready to come in so I left them for another time.

Great day!

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.