NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day two Topsail trip...we caught alot...and I mean alot...of really nice blues..my buddy caught the first Spanish anyone had heard of on the Island...Saw five 15 pound class Choppers in a wolfpack....they never saw my king rig...Dep... was there... he is 94 :)
P.S. The Spanish was caught buy Joe Bianco...AKA..
"THE FISHIN Magician"...

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
thanks for report. Reports have been getting better and better around there. im headed down next weekend for some fun on the piers

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Awesome! I heard of a 5 pound Spanish landed on a boat nearshore this past week. I NEED to make a trip to fish the JR one day this year just to meet Deep. I want to talk to him about how he sets up his log books.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He told me today that the first fish he ever caught on the JR was a 60 lb Cobia...he said..."I thought it was a catfish"...that started everything...he told about a sailfish he caught at the JR...it is an Honor to talk to that man...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Marine who served in WWII, caught 500+ kings, sailfish from the pier, and still does it at 94 years old. Baddest dude I've never met. If you fish piers enough you have heard stories about the legend. One day this summer I'll come fish there and meet him.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is the Godfather of Pier Fishing...and a Wealth of knowledge.
and pretty entertaining....I have learned a lot from DEP. :)

Reactions: FishinCary
1 - 8 of 8 Posts