NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished my secret spot near Cape Lookout parts of friday & saturday with friends. on first day we started fishing at end of falling tide. i started with a big surface popper -- and got 4 hookups on first 5 casts. finally settled on a old TogDog with mashed down barbs that i was willing to lose to blues (but never lost it!). multiple hits on most every cast for over 3 hours. 5 or 6 times hooked 2 fish at once. nice blues, too, esp on light spinning tackle -- prob 2lbs each with some pushing 3. 2nd day not as hot, but spent part of day hunting for something other than bluefish (no luck). unfortunately no choppers or spanish in the mix. after 3+ hrs of catching on friday, i finally put down my rod and told my friend i was too tired to fish. but not too proud to catch blues right now, esp that size and on topwater at that. it's been a long winter.

some photos below.

FWIW -- joel

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
So, Joel, you never told me you had a secret spot.... :) Thanks for the report and pics.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i can't tell you exactly where my secret spot is located, can just hint that it's near cape lookout -- there's a buoy there and lots of rocks. nobody knows about this special spot but me. ;)

duplicitously,

joel

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i can't tell you exactly where my secret spot is located, can just hint that it's near cape lookout -- there's a buoy there and lots of rocks. nobody knows about this special spot but me. ;)

duplicitously,

joel
so, if I would have had to guess I would have guessed pretty close. :D

Reactions: Spider Crack

·
Registered
32 Posts
Joel.........Why are you telling everyone where MY secret spot is at? Hey, we had a lot of fun. A little scary when we almost got broadsided. I'm learning. Hoping for better weather next time to shoot the shoals. BTW, remember those birds that sat down? Was watching fishing show next morning, turns out they drive the bait down by diving, then sit and wait for fish to run 'em back up. That's why we saw that bait ball below. 'member?

·
Red X Angler
993 Posts
Thanks for the pics, sounds like some great fishing. Thanks for the info on the birds, I had never heard or new that. Makes alot of sense now that you mentioned it. Look for more pics in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.