NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I headed out to lake lynn last night about 8PM for some topwater action. Missed a blow up in one spot I hadn't fished in months but no other action so moved on to a bridge. Started tossing my Buzz bait and this one makes some noise which is good for know when the hit occurs in the dark. On one retrieve I could see a bump at it and miss a few seconds later another bump and miss and finally third time it grabs it and starts running. My drag is set pretty tight and the drag is reeling out some so I know I have a QUALITY fish on. The bass runs under some logs sticking up and I was able to successfully pull it away and start wearing it out. I get it near surface and see what looks to be an 8+ ( I am guessing 9 ) bass. It makes another run under the bridge now but again I am able to pull it out. So now I start trying to walk it down to the end so I can land and measure the beast. I get to the first sand bar I have to cross and now maybe 30 more yards to drag it in pull it over the shallow water and minute we get to more water it starts fighting like mad and off she goes. I guess next time I decide to fish from a very long bridge I may need to consider a good long net versus relying on dragging it to shore.

After a few minutes to regroup started tossing again and ended up with a nice 2 pounder. I worked the area for another 30 minutes had 3 more good blow ups and smacks at it but was getting so dark it was hard to throw and avoid loosing another buzz in the trees.

Really wish I could have gotten that one ashore since it may have been a personal best elusive 9 pounder for me. Oh well next time it will be mine :)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like you are fishing on the bridge? Isn't that supposed to be illegal?
This is lake Lynn never have seen any signs that fishing from bridges is illegal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.