NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody want to share some info on when the bream will start to bed around the raleigh area. planning a trip to the coast and will stop to see my older brother and may try to catch some bream if they are active. we still have a month or two until the bream get really active in the lakes around here. anything would be appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Redfishtom, tell ya what, if you can get to Shearon Harris lake, find a cove with alot of lillies and weeds and you can catch brim all day long. Between a bud and I we brought to the boat 48 of them things using the simple bobber and tiny hook with a small chunk of night crawler on it. Had a blast, I dont eat them and neither does Jason so we pitched them all back in.

A really nice spot in an offshoot cove is from the south ramp by the dam, head north on the main lake (if by boat) and shoot down the 2nd finger channel to the left, follow that down kinda towards the end of that and look for some huge weed/lillies on the right. Great place to toss a rubber frog across them lillies for bass too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.