NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sat around and watched it rain most of the day. Weather underground said zero percent chance of rain from 6-12 so I loaded up the old town 158 and Pete and myself hit the road. I knew there would be a topwater bite aprox 30-45 mins before dark but I arrived at aprox 5 and fished until 930.

White perch actually saved the day. I only managed 1 bass on a spook and 1 crappie and 1 redbreast on a jig until I moved slightly upstream . White Perch were Not huge but they were decent perch and better than not catching.
The Striper bite did not start until after dark and it was pretty wild and frustrating as I was throwing a spook and i was missing 9 out of 10 hits. I managed 4 Stripers after dark. All in all a good day but missed a lot and seemed like every rod I took had line problems. My spook rod somehow kept getting the line twisted up around the tip after I would get it in. Well, I quit at 930 when i casted(with line wrapped) and I sent that spook to the other side of the river. I didnt go after it so if you find a spook you will know where I was at:D

Fishing net Jaw Fish Fisherman Fin

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fantastic report Mack!!!!!! One of your bad days would be one of my best.
I doubt that RouseD...probably a decent day for yourself and and I but this surely would be an epic day for Nat's Dad. He would probably talk about retirement after a day like this as it wouldnt get any better. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.