NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Neuse and Bay River have never caught a rock on top water. Just need soem idea of location not anyones' #1 location!! I dont have much boat here with me so I cant get way away from landing any info is appreciated! Thanks... PS I am not asking for Trout spots!! Thanks again!:)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
look for bait and bridges.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
There will be others here who can give you a much better idea, but you should be able to put your boat in at Lawson Creel ramp at New Bern, on the Trent, but very near to the Neuse. If you travel up to Brices Creek, I know there have been rock caught at the mouth of that creek. Also, you may want to troll from lawson Creek to Brices. I can learn from this thread also. There is also many places along the bank where you may want to throw a top water lure. Forgot you said top water. Sorry. Anyway, top water should work in the same areas. There are some bridges just as you go out of the Trent into the Neuse, but not sure if these are good places to try. I do know that the Neuse River Bridge ( hwy 17/55 ), and the railroad bridge up river a bit has held a lot of Rock.

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
Aurora has had some good striper catches from yaks near pilings of some old docks... Zara Spook Jr

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody gotta a line on the Bay River I am staying out there right now and access is good right now?? Any suggestions??

·
Registered
3,044 Posts
The Trent Creek would be my choice on Bay River...most I have seen caught were on trout baits. Contact Frank at bay River campground for info in that area. We will be there in a couple of weeks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts