NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile since I've had a good day of catching. Well that all changed on topwater Tuesday.
Thanks to my buddy & newest licensed Captain Tommy Mungo ( Stealth Inshore Charters ).

We had 5 Trout, they were fat & hungry, but a little small for our taste ( 17" ).
Hooked 5 Reds, angry & feisty. Landed 2 lost the others to the marsh grass.
All CPR ( caught, pictured, released ). .......... ICM
View attachment 73646 View attachment 73647 View attachment 73648 View attachment 73649 View attachment 73650 View attachment 73651

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As always......nice work ICM.....nice looking fish. I've forgotten what it feels like to have a fish on the end of my line!!! Are you booked for the rest of the month?? lol
Sorry I'm not a charter. Give Capt. Tommy Mungo a call.
PM me for his cell He's the man. ........ ICM

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nice. i have yet to catch a trout. would love to. but i only have 2 spook rods and you have 3 colors in the pics lol :D maybe i will go a bit further out than broad when in new bern next time and can get on one.
Topwater Tuesday, never leave home without a few tied on.
Always use KVD fast change clips, turn 2 rods into 12. ........ ICM
View attachment 73667

·
Registered
112 Posts
Don't know. I always fish fluorocarbon leader with inshore lures.
It will happen, be careful what you ask for. ;) ...... ICM
Be careful what you wish for indeed! I caught my first red on top 2 weeks ago and haven't gotten a sniff since! Been out like 4 or 5 times with no luck, only a couple blow-ups. Trying to scratch that itch again!! Its addicting!

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Nice work Billy, see you mid October 12 thr 17, we will get together for a trout roundup....:) Didn't you just get that chartreuse bait the last pass at the store....:) I better get me one before I head your way.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.