NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has probably been 40+ years since i have drowned a worm.

In doing research i see a list of different licenses. ...and confusing rhetoric that i am not sure what i need.
I do believe i need to wait till Jan when i turn 65 and I'll get a better deal.

Bottom line i just want to do some lake fishing and some intercostal fishing.

What basic license (s) do i need and how fish species specific do i need to get?

I am a Vet but only 40% disabled so no discount there.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You will need both the CRFL and inland licenses. The CRFL is only good for the coastal waters while the inland license covers most everything else. There is the trout stamp, but since you didn't mention trout streams in you original post I don't think you will need it.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
When you turn 65 you can buy both license (fresh and salt) for a lifetime for about 20 bucks. You can get a Unified Sportsman license for about 30. It will cover you from the mountains to the coast in fishing freshwater, saltwater and hunting if you so desire.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gents. Thought i would be waiting until January. Not a biggie. Dont pick up new boat until mid Dec and first time out will totally dedicated to breaking in new motor. A little anxious about first launching and recovery but everyone has a first time!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I'd love to help you out with the boat ramp thing, but I haven't been doing it long enough to offer much help except:
1. Try to go when others aren't there, way less stressful when people aren't watching and waiting for you.
2. While it is easier, you should refrain from power loading. It moves the sand at the end of the ramp into strange and less than wonderful places.
3. I have found many good tips on youtube.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd love to help you out with the boat ramp thing, but I haven't been doing it long enough to offer much help except:
1. Try to go when others aren't there, way less stressful when people aren't watching and waiting for you.
2. While it is easier, you should refrain from power loading. It moves the sand at the end of the ramp into strange and less than wonderful places.
3. I have found many good tips on youtube.
Many thanks. I will be doing a good bit of practice backing the trailer before. Hopefully there will some understanding....if not. ...i will deal with it.
Not going to let others ruin my day.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
Just realize that you WILL forget to put the plug in the boat at least once, and that's ok...and that if you put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel when backing, the boat will follow your hand. Move your hand left and the boat will go left...and vice versa. Take your time and you will be good...

Reactions: trigger22
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.