NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have my first tournament of the year with the NC State Basspack next weekend and its on Falls Lake. I've only fished Falls once before as a nonboater so this time will be my first time as a boater. I went and prefished today and couldn't find anything. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips, locations, or patterns that might help a first time boater on Falls next week.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
Never fished it, wish I could help ya.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Water temp is going to change drastically this week so chances are everything is going to change anyway.. Try to hit it closer to tourney day and adjust according to water temps. Read your maps and look for channels and all the old roadbeds and structures that used to be where water is now. Where are you launching from?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're launching off the Barton ramp and I won't be able to do any fishing this week due to classes. Also come tournament day I won't be able to use electronics because I have very old units. So if you have the rough coordinates of any areas to try that would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I havent been on Falls since July but everywhere else I have been the past few weeks shad are moving into the backs of the creeks. Horse and Honeycut can be good when this happens. Some points along the main river channel may also be viable options.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.