NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the day was not so good starting out. we did nothing the first 2 hours, i lost 3 fish and did not see any on beds. I then went to an area where i knew that there were at lease 2 beds and 3+ lb bass. I knew to have a chance, i needed at lease 1 of these two quick. Well the fist one, was reluctant to even look at what was in her bed, and after 1 1/2 hrs i gave up on her. i then went to the second bed. and threw my all time favorite, the 1/2oz jig (green/silver) with a dark red crawbug trailer, i spooked her off the bed, so i could get my bait in, 10 secs later she was back, and and after doing this 3 times, the fourth time she was mad, and i spooked her off, dropped it in, when she got back i just did the " rod tip shake" and she locked on. 3 1/2lbs!! good fish, i knew no one else was catching them that big, and i knew where 3 more were that size. i went a head and trolled down the bank to them, and could not get them to attack. looked at my watch and thought, " i got 1 hour to wiegh in and im only 250yrs away. plenty of time! not so, my trolling motor batteries were really low on power, and the wind was blowing at about 25mph right in my face. i set down the rods and went to make weigh in with my one fish. i made it with 1 min to spare!! only to be out fished by 1 1/4lb!!! man but over all not a bad day and i did take home the "big fish pot" so i made it out in 2nd place again and this time with money in my pocket. So over all, another 2nd place finish,(that makes 3 in a row) but some cash. tell you what though, jiggs on bedding bass make fishing brand new everyday!
Tex

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats! Our club fished Gaston on Sat. 4/7 What a day. Snow blowing sideways for 3 hrs. We had a white out for 15 minutes. It was cold!!!!! Afternoon warmed to about 45 degrees, seemed like a heat wave. Not many fish caught. water was to muddy to sight fish where we were. The fish we caught haden't been on the beds because theit tails were perfect. Go figure.

What lake were you on?

·
Registered
38 Posts
hey well thats good you did better than the week before. who was the club that sponsored the tournament. just wondering to see what my options are as far as fishing more local tournaments than what i already am. i knew your tournament was going to be hard for ya with that cold weather. but you did good with the odds against ya. congrats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.