NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trailer is going to come with 12 inch wheels.

Has anyone experienced any particular launch in NC where they would put the boat too high and make difficult to launch?

We are talking a 16 foot jon boat here.

Just read an article where some guy travels with 12 inchers and changes to 8 inchers for the launch. One reason he did this was so his light small truck rear wheels never went in the water.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Every boat ramp is different so sometimes the steepness of the ramp or water depth at that ramp/launch or even the way your trailer is set up could make it harder to launch or retrieve your boat(usually from bunks not being in the water) regardless of wheel size but smaller tires help. I have a skiff and in order to use a private boat launch nearby I had to put the axle on top of the springs thereby lowering the trailer frame, and use a drop hitch flipped over to raise the ball, tilting my rear end down so I could somewhat float it off the trailer without killing my back and putting my truck in the water which I have seen people do to launch sometimes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.