NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Live in Hampstead, I primarily fish the Topsail Island backwaters and creeks from my kayak when I'm not in the skiff with dad.

However, I teach in Wilmington, and my school is right down the street from the Trails End Rd kayak access. I've only launched there a couple times over the years, but once the water warms more, I'm going to be taking the yak to work with me so I can go after work. Last I checked, you were still allowed to launch a kayak at trails end rd, and there was parking available.

I pass it everyday, and cross bradley creek a few times going to and from work. I love fishing sneeds ferry/topsail so much that I've neglected the waters right down the street from where I teach.

Basically, I'm looking for general info-quality water depth/drop offs within reasonable paddling distance? Success stories kayak fishing this area? I might be wrong, but the couple of times I remember putting in there, (couple years ago before I took my Wilmington job) it seemed like a lot of shallow areas.

My grades are in, my students are currently testing, and spring break/fishing consistently starts Friday!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was wondering the same thing. I am a teacher too and just got my first kayak from a guy here at school.
I've launched there a few times in the past, but my best spots are in the Topsail area. It would be nice to learn the Bradley Creek area a little better. Congrats on the new kayak. What kind is it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.