NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of heading to Trail's End tomorrow paddling behind Masonboro. Tide should be high after 7:30 and falling out to around 1:30. I'm going to head NE from the ramp and come in between the spoil islands across from Whiskey Creek.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Druminator; I am not familiar with where Trail's End is, but would consider meeting up if location is right. Please assist with the details/location and I will surely let you know.

I got out yesterday North of Jones Island in Swansboro, and am going to beat the fool out of that skunk next time he pops his head out of the storage compartment. I left work, got home, wind is at 7 mph out of the SW. I hit the boat ramp and it was 25 out of the NE, with the incoming tide. More paddling than fishing, but I was on the water and not working...hard to complain a whole lot.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Good luck to you and be safe!!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trails End is off of Masonboro Loop Road in Wilmington. It's at the very end of the road and is a good spot for kayakers.

I may try to get out around 630 or 700a. It looks to be cloudy and 63 but should warm up to 71 and get sunny.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Woohoo... rubbed the skunk off for 2008! I got out in enough time to watch the sunrise and it was a good looking day on the water. I was the only person out there until about 11:00. I began to work my way in and caught one 18 inch red at the Cribbins area around the rocks. The tide had been falling for about an hour.
I threw everything and the kitchen sink but it was the spinnerbait that worked.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Glad ya got a hook in one Ashley!!

Reactions: Scott Hobbs

·
Registered
369 Posts
Way to go, Drum. I, too, got out yesterday, just mid afternoon around the changing of the tides. I went North of Jones Island again in the White Oak River. I threw topwater, suspending, jerk baits, Gulp shrimps on jigs, and then...the popping cork with a DOA shrimp.

Surprise, surprise...I knocked that skunk overboard when I swung in a 13" trout. This is my first fish in the new kayak, and the first one for 2008 for me as well.

Though it was no 18" red, the feisty trout put up a welcomed fight.

Thanks for posting...Nook

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.