NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Red X Angler
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wan't to move my transducer to the rear of my skiff and looking on what to use to seal off area where cable goes thru the hull. As water will come above this really need to keep water tight.

·
Red X Angler
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on running the cable up to just below the flange and drilling a hole just big enough to put cable through. The transducer is for a Lowrance Elite 5 DSI.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts

·
Red X Angler
3,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Yes. You'll have to trim the 5200 back with a razor. You just aren't going to pull it off like you would silicone. Heck, silicone will fall off. 5200 is a sealant for below the water line. No mixing. comes in a squeeze tube or caulking tube.

Just don't crazy with it and you'll be alright. Seal your hole up and stop.

5200 fast cure 2 day cure.
regular 5200 takes a week to cure.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Either put your hole above the water line and cover with a clamshell or do as suggested and fill with silicone. If I remember right a Lowrance plug needs a 5/8" or 3/4" hole to pass through. You may need to use some kind of a filler or backer in the hole as silicone will not fill a hole that big without something to adhere to, it will just run into or out of the hole.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.