NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[HR][/HR][HR][/HR]I had an older transducer bracket on my boat where there original one was when I bought it. The new bracket for the Lowrance elite 7ti is larger than expected and will not fit in the groove where the old bracket was mounted(it would hang beneath the boat), the only location I see it fitting to would be a lot closer to the motor. Will this cause a lot of interference, any input would be greatly appreciate...
Wheel Automotive tire Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
There is an inset cave of sorts below the proposed location (the white area) and the TD will be out of the water when you plane out. Even at slow speeds an airgap will develop, ruining your read.

Can you post a better picture of the old location, and a pic of the TD your trying to mount? You may have to fabricate a custom mount.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
That... is a big freakin' transducer. Expensive looking transducer too. Couldn't find any spec sheet on it (go figure).

When you say "hang below the boat", do you mean the bottom of the mount's mounting surface? or the transducer body? Because generally those skimmer units should be submerged (a little) and if IMG_3231.JPG if feasible, it looks to be about right from your photo. I'd call their help desk to be sure though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.