NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently taken a position at another site within my company which has resulted in moving my family from the Triangle to the Triad of North Carolina. The Triad is a familiar place, as I grew up in the town on Kernersville, NC in Forsyth County.

Although I know the Triad area well, I don't know where all the good fishing holes are located. With only 1.5 hours between Raleigh and Kernersville, I'm already familiar with a few spots. However, researching and exploring the local flows is a large contributor to my love of river fishing.

The past two weekends I've visited a few Triangle area flows and done quite well. With many bass in the 4-5 lb range and good numbers overall, I can't complain. I also managed to land my first flathead catfish with a little help from Mack.

As you may have seen in another post, last Saturday Mack showed the ropes of flathead fishing and I landed this beaut ...

Last Sunday I landed 20 bass before dark all on a spook, including this big girl and several others around 4 lbs.

Despite the rain, today I found some good water and landed 25 bass, 2 crappie, 2 perch (1 white, 1 yellow), and several sunfish. Most bass came on a spinnerbait or spook. Other fish came on a curly tail grub or inline spinner. I also experimented with using large live bait for bass. Something I haven't had much success with. I landed a 4 lber on the white perch and was able to use it again to hook a 5+ lber, only to have it break me off. Still a wonderful morning on the river.

I'd say I'm transitioning well to the Triad ...

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
Welcome to the triad.

I just moved to Greensboro, myself... No skills river fishing at all, moving water is just the place my lures go to get stuck and lost. Good to see that someone has the knack.

·
Red X Angler
3,785 Posts
I know zero about the rivers, but if you want to sample any of the lakes fire me a PM, I'll see what we can figure out with schedules. :D Welcome back!

Reactions: froggy waters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.