NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Weather-dot-com suggests that the Triangle area might be awful comfortable Friday and Saturday for taking the kayaks out (highs near 70, calm winds...) Anybody wanna dampen some plastic? I'm kinda partial to the Weaver Creek no-motor area on Jordan after finding a bass each of my last two times out there... but I'm flexible...

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got much of a date preference, rockfish? Friday eve. vs Saturday?

I've long daydreamed about fishing through sunset... the books say that's a good time to be fishing. I've got a stern light for my yak and a headlamp (as well as a maglight velcro'd to the shoulder my pfd, in fact). I've got Jeff thinking about the idea... The moon's only starting to fill out, so it's not gonna help much...

Weaver sounds good to me.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I would love to join... Fri night and Sat. morn. are out for me tho.

I am excited to know that Jordan has a non-motorized area. Didn't know that before now. Have only 'yaked once there, of course on a weekend and afeard for my life. Where is the area?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NCWildlife.com describes the access spot as the Weaver Creek Public Fishing Area (PFA). From 64 on the east side of the lake, head south on SR1008 (at the Wilsonville General Store). Pass the Ebenezer ramps, then pass Pea Ridge Rd, and immediately on the other side of Pea Ridge, look for a driveway (with the diamond sign) on the right. There's an abandoned ramp to the north and a small beach area on the west.

This branch feeds the lake through a culvert under Pea Ridge rd, so there's no way to get a boat from the main lake. (A submarine, maybe...)

jordan lake, nc - Google Maps

Reactions: skooteri

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've wound up with a meeting that'll run until 3:00 -- my best estimate is that I'd be ready to launch from the Weaver Creek PFA right around 4:00.

Lefty

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.