NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now if your like me i love getting in the skinny water. thing is your troller transducer mount is rather a filmsy piece of plastic that only takes one good wack on a stump to bust it..and they are not cheap to replace..besides leaving you nearly blind while fishing.. i broke 4 mounts in a year and said enough.. so i got to thinkin-which can be hazardus- i built a mount for the front troller that i have beat and abused for 5 long stump filled years with out breaking..

it cost less than $10 to build..

parts list is simple
12"1/4-20 threaded rod
2 hose clamps -i used 1 3/4"-
3 1/4-20 nylon locking nuts.

first i bent the rod to fit priorto clamping then clamped it tight.

i then added 1 1/4 -20 nylon lockin nut to the arm i slid the transome mount transducer part way down the arm. adding a nylon locking nut between the transducer arms. then the third nylon locking nut to the out side of the transducer arms..

i have wadded up a 100 pounds of hydrilla on this mount it has never failed.. i have hammered stumps:rolleyes: and it still works like it was brand new..

zooker

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Good thinking. Necessity is the mother of invention. I have a suction cup on the yak which is kinda good in that if I scrape something (it`s on the side, behind me) it just pops off rather than really take the force. Sure some power boaters will be very interested in your idea.-----stu

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Great idea Zook! Thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.