NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings one and all.

I was talking to Lefty and he thought y'all would have good input for me. :)

I have been wanting to get out on the water and do some fishing but $$$$ is tight for me. So I have purchased a Sea Eagle SE 9. (Fisherman's dream package)
Motormount Boats

What I am hoping y'all could help me with are ideas on what kind of electric trolling motor I could get? I'm looking to go 4 mph max, but I want to be able to stay out on the lakes and rivers for a while.

What I am looking at doing is getting out with my son so we could go out fishing when Lefty takes his 'yak out.

Thanks!

Kelley

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I've got a little trolling motor on my jon boat that I take out and stay along the banks and such. Cost me just under a $100 at Wally world. I don't go in the river. Don't trust my little motor with a current.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Coach
Which motor is it, and how much thrust?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
This is the one I own. MotorGuide Thruster T34 Trolling Motor it has 34 pounds of thrust. It's cost there was $97.99, but I got the wife's 10% employee discount so I ended up pretty good. Here's the webpage for it. MotorGuide Thruster T34 Trolling Motor - Wal-Mart. I also saw one at dick's made especially for rafts. Its a Sevylor Electric Trolling Motor. It costs $74.99. It doesn't tell the thrust on the page at dick's.

Reactions: Kayakin' Kelley

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a little trolling motor on my jon boat that I take out and stay along the banks and such. Cost me just under a $100 at Wally world. I don't go in the river. Don't trust my little motor with a current.
This is the one I own. MotorGuide Thruster T34 Trolling Motor it has 34 pounds of thrust. It's cost there was $97.99, but I got the wife's 10% employee discount so I ended up pretty good. Here's the webpage for it. MotorGuide Thruster T34 Trolling Motor - Wal-Mart. I also saw one at dick's made especially for rafts. Its a Sevylor Electric Trolling Motor. It costs $74.99. It doesn't tell the thrust on the page at dick's.

Thank you Coach.
Did you also get your deep cycle battery at Wally world? How was the cost?

Kelley

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Sorry I didn't get back to this thing for a while. Just remembered advising you about it. I had a Sears marine battery from a older fiberglass boat I gave away when I wasn't fishing. It still works great. I had only used it once when my grandfather died. Never used until recently.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Y'all! (in my best fake southern with a Canadian accent)

I went to Wally World and I purchased the following:

A Minn Kota Endura 40
A kewl marine battery box that has 2 utility outlets. led power meter, and a 60 amp breaker for the motor and a 10 amp breaker for any toys I want to plug into the box.
A good size deep cycle marine battery that "just" fits in the battery box.

I plan on getting a 2nd battery for backup when I have a few spare penny's.

My plan is to set up the boat in two ways.

One is for cruising with my wife and 2 kids. Shouldn't be a problem with a 1200 lb capacity.

2nd is for fishing with my 9 year old son. I have 4 rod holders I'll be mounting. I'll also be mounting two coolers with swivel fishing seats.

When it's all put together for a test fit I'll post a pic or two.

Kelley

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To bad you still didn't have that battery.....:)

Sorry I didn't get back to this thing for a while. Just remembered advising you about it. I had a Sears marine battery from a older fiberglass boat I gave away when I wasn't fishing. It still works great. I had only used it once when my grandfather died. Never used until recently.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Glad you found what you wanted. Wally world is limited in what they have but they do have good prices on what they carry.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.