NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took advantage of the weather and went poking around the Elizabeth River (hot ditch). Fished about 3 hours and caught around 25 trout. All fish caught on plastic (several colors). We didn't see any of the BIG girls, our biggest fish was 21" and several 16-18. Good sign for this winter, worried it wouldn't be the usual hot ditch action this year after last winters ice.

Tomorrow is supposed to be beautiful. Going to try them solo since everybody else is working :cool:

On a side note: Always looking a partner during the week. If anybody wants to get in on the hot ditch action this winter send me a message!

·
Registered
103 Posts
glad you got on some a them nuclear fish!!! i usely try to get up there few times a year. are they lettin you use the chesapeke yachts ramp this year? i heard they were gone close it I would hate that cause it sure makes for a shorter boat ride then usin the ramp at the locks.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Take down Im headed up tomorrow but have to work till 4:30 free after that. May can get away a bit WEd earlier too. Would love to try it with you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Buddy of mine caught em pretty good up there last week. They caught some nice ones but the big girls got away. He had 2 monster trout shake the hook fishing top water lures. I can't wait to get up there this year and try out some of my custom stuff I did just for that river. I've said this before but it is a different world up there. when you go you better have your drag working smooth ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
glad you got on some a them nuclear fish!!! i usely try to get up there few times a year. are they lettin you use the chesapeke yachts ramp this year? i heard they were gone close it I would hate that cause it sure makes for a shorter boat ride then usin the ramp at the locks.
Them glowing trout give you wings :eek:. It's not the prettiest place to fish but you have a shot at 7-10lb trout every cast! Not sure about the Chesapeake Yacht ramp, I always use the locks ramp, couple places between there and the steel bridge hold fish too.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Them glowing trout give you wings :eek:. It's not the prettiest place to fish but you have a shot at 7-10lb trout every cast! Not sure about the Chesapeake Yacht ramp, I always use the locks ramp, couple places between there and the steel bridge hold fish too.
yeah its different atmosphere for shore but like you said theres a good chance of a lifetime fish every time you go. i hope to get up there soon maybe we can hook up some time and go catch em

·
Registered
33 Posts
I havent heard of this place before... may have to look into it. Im still new to the trout game but learning fast..... sounds like a great area.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.