NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let you know that the speckled trout are still biting in the surf at Surf City on Topsail Island. I haven't fished north of south of Surf City, but I am hearing that they are still biting there too. During the day, mostly early am, during high falling tide, smaller specks are biting mirrolures and grubs. I caught three keepers today on a smoke three inch gulp swimming mullet, and released at least 20 that were from 11 to 13 inches long. I am not much for night fishing, but sources tell me that the larger trout, up to three pounds are biting starting around 9pm. They are liking the older 82m mirrolure (i think) the one that looks like a mullet minnow, with the black or dark green back. Inside, behind the island, large trout are near the inlets in the creeks and are biting gulp shrimp after the sun warms the water. Toward the center of the island, the reds are hanging around the flats, again after the sun warms the water. Gulp newpenny shrimp is the bait.
Till next time....
Tight Lines!
Johnny

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ogre, You know I would, but you know trout anglers. My fishing buds would tan my hide and nail it to the pier house wall if I sent any of the specks anywhere else. I'm hiding out just for telling anyone they are biting around here! LOL:cool:

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.