NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a few chores to complete before hitting the water today so I ended up starting around 2. Ice on the river means cold. Fish were biting. Lost two small trout right off the bat. They came unglued when they come time the top. Oh well. Landed 3 in the couple hours I fished. 2 bows and a brookie.

Fish were feeding on top some. They kept hitting my indicator. I tied on a dry and got some attention but nothing materialized.

The two I lost hit a black wooly bugger. Two of the ones I landed hit a black woolly bugger. The other hit a nymph under an indicator. Hares ear in black.

My feet were more cold today than ever in my life. Needed thicker socks and more layering under the waders. Feet were completely numb for 1-2 hours. No good. You know it's cold when your boots are solid as a brick from a couple days earlier after leaving them in your vehicle.

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Bet you weren't thinking about cold feet when those trout were pulling on that fly-rod!! Congrats on the blog award and good job sticking a few nice fish in the cold! I'm going up the west-fork of the Pigeon today to see if the DH trout want to play. It's gorgeous up there either way….

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tennessee? Good luck.

When the fish were biting the cold feet didn't phase me. But after fishing a spot for a while then moving on it felt like I had no feet.

Sent from my kayak...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.