NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a windy day up on the Bay River we decided to seek redemption a little closer to home.
We got on the water early and what a difference 24 hrs can make with the weather. Fog was rising and the cold air was blowing down our collars as we took the ride to our first stop. We found no takers and soon moved on. At the second stop I had a big sow crush a spook jr. and then come back up for a 2' jump and head shake. First time I have had a trout jump like that! Two casts later and another fine trout on topwater. Man what a way to start the day!
Rabbit pulls out an old 26 Mirrolure and another fish on. Later we switched over to Billy Bay's Swim Shad and landed a few more nice ones. Several were caught on MR17's new 750 color as well.
Trout are on the move and seem to be HAWNNNGGGRRRYYY!

Topwater is by far the BEST

Rabbit's first of the day

Billy Bay Shad

Kept some for the pan

Get the grease HOT!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Looks like you're about ready to take me fishing.. ;) As far as that 750 17mr goes they stole that color from me..LOL I painted some like that a couple years back and have really done well with it when I'm not throwing my favorite lure. I took all of next week off to prep for the Backwater Open in New Bern so if y'all decide to head that way one day give me call and I'll try to put you guys on some Neuse River Specks. Nice fish guys!!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you're about ready to take me fishing.. ;) As far as that 750 17mr goes they stole that color from me..LOL I painted some like that a couple years back and have really done well with it when I'm not throwing my favorite lure. I took all of next week off to prep for the Backwater Open in New Bern so if y'all decide to head that way one day give me call and I'll try to put you guys on some Neuse River Specks. Nice fish guys!!!
Contentnea Creek Custom lures, get'em while you can. Made by the ole Trout Master himself. Good luck on the tournament Joe! ;)

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
after a windy day up on the bay river we decided to seek redemption a little closer to home.
We got on the water early and what a difference 24 hrs can make with the weather. Fog was rising and the cold air was blowing down our collars as we took the ride to our first stop. We found no takers and soon moved on. At the second stop i had a big sow crush a spook jr. And then come back up for a 2' jump and head shake. First time i have had a trout jump like that! Two casts later and another fine trout on topwater. Man what a way to start the day!
Rabbit pulls out an old 26 mirrolure and another fish on. Later we switched over to billy bay's swim shad and landed a few more nice ones. Several were caught on mr17's new 750 color as well.
Trout are on the move and seem to be hawnnngggrrryyy!

Topwater is by far the best

rabbit's first of the day

billy bay shad

kept some for the pan

get the grease hot!
beautiful fish andy and rabbit , awesome pics tooo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.