NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty much the thing I think of when I see the mountain region is trout. How 'bout some hot spots, tips, rigs, or just plain favorites? My personal favorite, the brown. Smart little boogers. Just one reason I like the Nantahala. Many numerous places for trout in this region and many overlooked.

·
Registered
359 Posts
favorite trout spots

Crummy , my favorite trout spots are cherokee just behind the breakfast house across from the wigwam motel downstream to the dairy queen. the thing about cherokee is, the surrounding area is any thing but pristine but they stock their streams (heavily) year round. my others are the tuck at dillsboro for the delayed harvest and my most favorite is the nantahala....peace...mark

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have several local delayed harvest creeks within easy driving range. I just enjoy the trip up to Nantahala. For those interested, I recomend this one. Stone Mtn. http://ils.unc.edu/parkproject/visit/stmo/do.html#f Bullhead Creek is fly fishing only(catch and release) with some big trout to throw at. Delayed harvest water, general tout water and wild water. Lots of deer to see.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
redfishtom said:
the only problem with bullhead creek is beating all the guys with guides from winston salem and charlotte who have people camp out for them to get their permit. I am not joking about this
Yeah, it's alot different now than when it started. Still a good place for someone visiting. As a local, I mostly choose to go other places. We still have some good native creeks tucked away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.