NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am Joe from Atlanta GA and would like some help on places to fish in North Carolina. I need a place that my kids and I can get on some flounder and specks from land (no Boat) if anyone know of places please help.... Also looking for small boat charter for small game fish thank you

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
If I may be a little biased... try Capt. Brent Stanley if you are in the Wilmington area. If you are headed up toward Oriental try Capt. Gary Dubiel. Really it is a little difficult to help you without at least having an area you plan to fish. Then a time frame would be real helpful. AL

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Hi fishingfool - welcome to the site. You didin't mention an area of NC that you are interested in charters. We have plenty of very good charter captains on this site, just let us know what area and we can make some recomendations.

As far as places to fish for flounder and specks, any of our marshes and creeks will produce both. Flounder can also be caught from our piers and ocasionally the surf. There are some very helpful threads on this site regarding targeting flounder in our waters, just use the site's search funtion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys I really dont know where in North Carolina to go. I have heard of the outer banks I could try that area but I dont know what citied that is comprised of. I will come up maybe 2 weekends in may and 2 weekends in june.. So like I said just trying something new so if you guys tell me a charter and city ill mapquest it and hit the road hahahahah thanks guys

·
Registered
523 Posts
Coming from Ga. I would opt for ther Wilmington area. Closer = more fishing time. Outer banks is several hours north of Wilmington and the weather is a little more iffy there this time of year (probably ok late May and June). Topsail Angler (Hampsteadfishing) should probably be able to help you out with charters in that area. Just don't let him talk you into that Gulp! stuff :rolleyes: ;) .

Just my opinion, but if it were me and I was fishing 2 days, I'd take a chart offshore one day and one inshore the other. Spanish, Bonita, Dolphin, Tuna one day and flounder and redfish the other.

BTW, the outer banks is Corolla, Hatteras, Ocracoke, Kill Devil Hills, Kitty Hawk, Manteo and others. Not to be confused with "Down East" that's a whole 'nother world;) .

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
Yeah - Either Southport or Wilmingotn would be your best bet from GA - like PH said the outerbanks proper would take another few hours or more. Wilmington/Writesville is about 7 hour drive from Atlanta. Both areas have great guides. PM me with the type charter fishing you are looking for - head boat for mostly bottom fishing or small customized charter and how many in your party - I'll PM you back some reccomendations.

50 Posts
Sinker Man, thanks for the plug!!!

Fishinfool2, If you decide to come to the Wilmington, Wrightsville Bch, Carolina area, give me a call. I would love to take you out and put you on some fish. I fish both inshore and offshore and have two boats to accomodate either situation. If you choose other locations, we can help to make some recommendations as well!!!!

Welcome to the site and tight lines!!!!

Capt. Brent

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.