NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't know if anyone noticed but i have been reading and posting some lately.
After losing my son, now 3 years ago, i , well don't know what really happened. I know i was not fishing or hunting like before. And i know i was drinking or under the influence of something it seems just about every day. It now seems clear everything is 'before' or 'after' and i still have hard moments/days. But as of today, i have not touched any alcohol or other in over 4 months. I been trying to keep busy and looking to get out and start doing the things that i love, outdoors. So, hope to see some the guys i used to yak fish with and meet some of you other 'new' kayak fishermen ... Don

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Im sorry for your loss! I cant imagine going through that. Sometimes you gotta just get through it to get through it. Im praying for ya man!

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Red X Angler
2,479 Posts
Look to the Big Man upstairs, He is always there and will always listen to anything you have to say. He is also a strong Man with some strong broad shoulders he will allow you to lean on him and sometimes He will even carry you. Look to the Big Man upstairs he will help you when you don't think you need it and when you do... He a good friend of mine and Ill share Him with you... Stay strong and God Bless...

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Honor your son by living a life he would be proud of. His memories will always be present but you must carry them forward with you, not linger in their shadow.. When you feel weak seek power from the Divine, your friends, your moments of joy in days past, and push forward to make new joys and memories. Do not feel week if you think professional help might be needed, sometimes life gets away from us and we need a hand to bring it back under control.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Don't know you at all but thanks for posting. First off, my condolences, I can't imagine what you've gone through.

Second thanks for reminding me that there is always a way forward. I'm don't want to turn this thread into something about me, but your post has been a small reminder that there is hope on an otherwise pretty awful day.

I hope it helps you a bit to know that you've helped someone else.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys for the kind words. It is just my wife and daughter here now. I do have a couple friends here in NC. and miss hanging and fishing with Froggy so yea, i'm up to getting over to the Dan or New to visit/fish. Looking forward....

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
I haven't experienced anything like you have and I can't imagine having to. Moving forward and being positive is the best thing you can do. Asking for help is always an option. Good luck, stay strong.

Sent from my kayak...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts