NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
water is down 2+ feet which makes launching/loading tricky.. if you fish tuckertown regularly you know this is when it is the best fishing..water temps 83 and mostly clear. i caught 12 bass
like below

big around 4 pounds-not the one above- the bites were VERY lite hardy any pressure on the line the big fish -caught on a jig- stole 3 jig trailers before he bit just a lil more.. he had the trailers i was using in his mouth..

zooker

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
A local chiroprator appearantly got tired of loosing his trailers and came up with a way to put a stop to that. He founded a company called Verticle Lures. One of their main products is a hopped up jig and a trailer held on by a locking device. So far the company is doing well. I read he turned a modest profit the first year in the middle of rapid expansion. My feelings....People will by anything that LOOKS impressive.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks for the report Zook!

I am hoping you will let me come down that way sometime soon. I haven't fished those waters in years but I have very fond memories there. I never really fished Tucker Town and Tillery much. Mostly Badin and High Rock.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey Zooker,
I have never fished Tuckertown and would like to know if there is a spot you would recommend putting in a kayak. I would love to catch some keepers; there's not much biting around Greensboro. Thanks, kayak ken

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Enjoy the "vacation" Hip...LOL...

·
Registered
117 Posts
WORK IS SLOW. just got layed off thank god.going 2 put hot wire in the kayak on my way 2 tucker town. Thanks zooker. HIP

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ken
the area around the 49 launch is real good early. if ya want a work out go out the 49 launch neck go straight across to the other side. this is cranker heaven lots of deep shear drop in here.. a blade and a crank in this section is the rule.. head down stream -away from the road- if ya gett a hit better than 1/2 way back from the bank odds are it wont be a bass..

zooker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.