NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some have but I ask anyway. Have you fished Tuckertown from kayak? If so any tips. Where you put in at,bass,catfish,crappie,etc. Thanks in advance for help.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I've fished TT from the Bringle Ferry Road to Riles Creek in the kayak. Mostly trolling crank baits. Expect to catch white perch and crappie trolling with the occasional bass or cat thrown in. Tossing small cranks and spinners to the banks on the upper end will catch you some bream.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ncnat for the info. I had thought about putting in at ramp on 49 and going along banks on other side of bridge. Also thought about putting in a Newsome but there some rough crowds that hang around there.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I have only been to other ramps a couple of times over the years but drive past the 49 ramp often. I would feel about 100 times more comfortable about leaving a vehicle unattended at 49. Maybe things have changed at the others.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
This is a good spot if you go early, the kids gang up there and take up the limited parking. I fish there a lot before the water warms enough to go swimming.
Yeah jumping off the bridge has been a literal right of passage in the area for some time. Ive seen a big shovelhead or two pulled off those bridge pilings.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
I have only been to other spots a couple of times and it has been a while, but I did not feel really comfortable about what might happen to my vehicle while I was gone. There were people at the ramp that kind of melted into the shadows until you launched. At 49, you park in the open right next to a busy highway.

·
Registered
875 Posts
True enough. The landing af Flat creek is really isolated. I had a friend who came back from fishing and his tow vehicle was missing tires and wheels. And this was way back before cell phones. Don't remember exactly how he got out of there, but I assume there was much walikng involved.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Flat Creek Access area isn't too bad as far a people vandalism goes...but the freaking vultures are tearing vehicles to shreds pulling off wiper blades and even the rubber around your windshield. The NCWRC is currently trying out dead vulture decoys hanging upside down from the poles and they frequent the area shooting off screamer rounds to try and scare the birds off. Use 49 while you can...when the highway construction gets there before too long...it will no longer exist. I was told by a Yadkin employee that ALCOA/Yadkin is trying to negotiate a new area on the other side of that cove but is getting resistance from the City of Albemarle since they own that property for their water intake.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Flat Creek Access area isn't too bad as far a people vandalism goes...but the freaking vultures are tearing vehicles to shreds pulling off wiper blades and even the rubber around your windshield. The NCWRC is currently trying out dead vulture decoys hanging upside down from the poles and they frequent the area shooting off screamer rounds to try and scare the birds off. Use 49 while you can...when the highway construction gets there before too long...it will no longer exist. I was told by a Yadkin employee that ALCOA/Yadkin is trying to negotiate a new area on the other side of that cove but is getting resistance from the City of Albemarle since they own that property for their water intake.
It's already a 4 lane divided highway at that point; why do they need to get rid of it?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Yeah, I guess from that one end of the lot you can take a left out of there currently. I guess I can see how they could want it gone though; there really isn't much of a shoulder or anything separating the lot from the road. I am really not sure why they have parts of that 4 lane anyway. I drive it as the back way to Charlotte fairly often and have never seen it all that busy. I figured that stretch from the Randolph County line to Farmer was a boondoggle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts