NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Randy (NC Angler), Jodie Gay (owner of Blue Water Candy Lures) and I had the opportunity to go with Shane (Captain), Rick (1st mate) and Don (boat owner) on a blue fin tuna trip today. There was also a reporter and photographer from the Raliegh News & Observer on board.

We left the dock at O'dark thirty (5:15am) and headed for the the spot where Shane and crew had landed two giant blue fins the day before. It was a VERY calm day with little to no wind and a beautiful sunrise.

We had one fish blow up on one of our long lines early on but he missed it and didn't come back for it. That was the only tuna we saw all day. Even though we didn't have any catching action going on, it was a great day to be on the water and the crew of the Fighting Lady (S2N Charters) is absolutely first class! It was also great to spend the day with friends and relax on a first class boat (she is a beauty for sure)!

Thanks Shane, Rick and Don!

For more shots from the trip, visit my photo album here on NC Angler.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Thanks to the crew of the Fighting Lady (Second to None Charters). It was a beautiful day on the water. I sure wish we'd hooked up with one of those monsters they caught yesterday. Maybe next time. :D Thanks guys!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.