NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen the huge gators around North Topsail and Turkey creek...couple guy's got me kinda freaked out about that...especially flounder gigging Solo...?

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I've heard about that gator but the real scary ones live in the Neuss in Raleigh and on the Flat and Eno, Haw, and Deep. The Cape Fear has salt water crocks and I can't even think about that flow or I'll have nightmares. It's the not knowing that gets yakkers in trouble quick. The truly sad part for the widows and orphans is finding out daddy signed a release form at the yak tourney and they are now homeless and penniless. Apparently the monster gators key in the sound of digital cameras knowing that means the bait is distracted and then pounce. If only they would have just left it alone and cut the grass Saturday instead....tsk....tsk................

·
Red X Angler
9,007 Posts
I've heard about that gator but the real scary ones live in the Neuss in Raleigh and on the Flat and Eno, Haw, and Deep. The Cape Fear has salt water crocks and I can't even think about that flow or I'll have nightmares. It's the not knowing that gets yakkers in trouble quick. The truly sad part for the widows and orphans is finding out daddy signed a release form at the yak tourney and they are now homeless and penniless. Apparently the monster gators key in the sound of digital cameras knowing that means the bait is distracted and then pounce. If only they would have just left it alone and cut the grass Saturday instead....tsk....tsk................
Nat's Dad needs to adjust his meds.........very funny!

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
Alligators likely anywhere Raleigh east....moreso near the coast but wild alligators Raleigh east.....lake wylie has a few.....cape fear river just below Jordan more specifically below buckhord has a few..this one was most likely a release. harnett co has a population and by that I mean more than 1....

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well Now...I think...I'll go look for one...Starting to think they may have been pulling my chain.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Gators like me. I can tell you for certain they are in the Neuse above Bridgeton. :rolleyes:

Reactions: RouseD

·
Registered
15,708 Posts
All eastern NC has gators. Beware at boat ramps because people throw out old bait and that in turn brings in lunch for gators. Also beware of taking your dog swimming in these same waters.

I've seen gators sitting in the ramp, move so you could launch and they just lurk nearby. Especially around New River the ICW from Swansboro down to Topsail. There has been some on the beaches of Topsail Island. Topsail is just across from Turkey Creek.

Also all along the Cape Fear near Wilmington down to Ft Fisher area.

Beware, be very aware.....:)

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Go to lots of bridges in central florida and look over the edge. You will see gators. Not like that here. I will be pretty surprised the first time I see a gator in the freshwater part of the neuse. Not sayin they ain't there but they are few and far between. Its just too cold here in the winter for tons of them.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Trigger I believe you are in a creek off the neuse near Havelock that is well known to have a few gators. I have seen one in there as well. I have spent probably over a hundred hours in the last year fishing in swift creek near Vanceboro and have never saw one. I also fish quite often near maple cypress and have never saw one. Again not sayin they ain't there but there pretty scarce....

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I feel pretty safe now...seems like N.C. gators should be afraid of me...Gator Tastes good.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.